Next School Council Meeting- January 23rd at 6:30 pm
December Activities- money raised will support Sign of Hope:
Dec. 1- 16: Youth Emergency Shelter Collection (PYP & MYP students)
Throughout Dec. 1-16, the school will be having a homeroom challenge to collect items for the Youth Emergency Shelter. Please bring in your items and keep them in your homerooms. The following is a current list of items the Youth Emergency Shelter requires.
- Winter boots, sizes 7-13 (men's & women's) Hoodies
- Sweatpants Men's jeans (all sizes) Snow pants Hand warmers
- Socks Underwear Thermal underwear Bras
- Thermos mugs
- Lip balm Nail clippers Razors Mini Kleenex Alcohol-free hand sanitizer Men's deodorant
- Dec. 9: Santa Hat/ Reindeer Ears & Bake Sale
- Wear your Santa hat or reindeer ears Day! All PYP and MYP students are welcome to participate! J
- Bake sale at lunch (items and prices will be posted at school). All money made will go to the Sign of Hope Campaign. PYP Bake Sale will occur from 11:45-12:10. MYP Bake Sale will occur from 12:15-12:35.
Dec. 12, 13, 14: Candy Gram
- Candy Grams will be sold at lunch ($1 each). All money made will go to the Sign of Hope Campaign. PYP Candy Sales will occur from 11:45-12:10. MYP Candy Gram will occur from 12:15-12:35. Students will receive their candy grams on Dec. 22 & 23.
Dec. 19, 20: Best Seats in the House
- Best Seats in the House tickets will be sold at lunch for $1 each. All money made will go to the Sign of Hope Campaign. PYP tickets will be sold from 11:45-12:10. MYP tickets will be sold from 12:15-12:35. The ticket winners will be chosen at the movie on Dec. 22 & 23. The winner will be able to enjoy the movie from the couches with 1 or 2 other friends.
Dec. 20: Crazy Christmas Sweater Day
- Wear your crazy Christmas Sweater today! All PYP and MYP students are welcome to participate!
Dec. 22: Red & Green Day
- PYP Movie Day There will be a movie in the morning for all PYP students. It costs $2 for the movie which will be donated to the Sign of Hope Campaign. Snacks will be provided for all students.
- MYP Christmas Dance There will be a Christmas Dance for all MYP students in the afternoon. The fee for the dance this time is 1 food item.
It is a privilege and honor to be part of such a wonderful, faith-filled community. Our staff is deeply committed to their students and believes in the provision of quality learning experiences. Thank you for welcoming me so warmly into the school community.
We extend a warm welcome to our new families attending St. Clement and trust that your school days will be filled with exciting moments, wonderful learning experiences and new friendships. We are excited about the wonderful promises and potential that this year holds as students become engaged in their learning and strive to develop their God given gifts, while fully embracing their faith. The successes experienced in the past will provide a great foundation for the future – we will continue to celebrate our catholicity, achieve high levels of student learning, and promote community.
It takes an entire community to raise a child; we value your input and welcome your involvement in the months to come. Thank you for entrusting your child/children into our care as we provide them with the best opportunities for learning- we are the “light of Christ” for one another.
May God’s blessings be upon you as we begin our 2016-17 school year.
Mrs. Flynn Ms. Grossman Mrs. Guenther
Principal Assistant principal Assistant Principal
If you are new to Canada, please contact One World, One Center to begin the registration process for our school.
If your child has allergies and requires medical administration, please have the following forms filled out.
Medical Administration Form
St. Clement School is a fully accredited International Baccalaureate World School, serving students in Kindergarten through grade 9 in the Knottwood, Summerside and Ellerslie Crossing communities, bound by 91st Street and 66th Street from 23rd Avenue south to the city limits. Yellow school bussing is available within our boundary areas. Bus service provided by Edmonton Transit from the Lakewood and Town Center terminals make the school very accessible. We are proud to be the south side location for the Primary and Middle Years International Baccalaureate (IB) programs. The IB programs are internationally recognized for their academic rigor and emphasis on helping students to become active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens. We promote a strong sense of family through barbecues, dances and carnivals. We are committed to community and service through social justice activities and supporting local charities such as the Sign of Hope Campaign, Canadian Cancer Society and the Edmonton Christmas Bureau. We instill a strong sense of spirituality through our religious celebrations, regular prayer, relationships, service and partnership with our local St. Theresa's Parish.
(Use your child's ECSD log-in to access daily announcements)
Edmonton Catholic Schools